Monday, December 28, 2009

Biscuitry

First project from Babycakes cookbook: Spelt Biscuits!

Since I was hoping to create the KFC-paralleled spelt biscuit brilliance, as stated in Babycakes by the shop's customers (page 37), I was slightly disappointed by my first attempt. Picturing the flaky, all-purpose flour southern classic, the result was not flaky, it was heartier in texture with a coconut and almost wild aftertaste. They are good...just different.

What I would do differently next time: use a coconut oil that will bake better at a high heat to help the biscuits rise. The awesome Coconut Oil by 365 Organic that I used was for "Medium Heat--up to 280 degrees."

Conclusion: Slap a bit of butter and drizzle agave nectar or honey and they are simply delicious!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!

Post a Comment