Monday, January 11, 2010

Gooey?

Read each recipe all the way through before you start. It really helps with the Apple-Cinnamon Toastie (pg 58). Roast the apples (pg 27) with cinnamon, agave nectar and lemon juice while you're putting the bread batter together. It helps the process go more quickly.

The comforting scent of cinnamon wafted throughout my kitchen as it baked for the time suggested. I'm establishing the fact here and now that my oven is officially wonky. I ended up baking the bread for double the amount of time allotted! The moral of this story is: check your treats often and don't trust your oven. The bread was amazing, though a bit under cooked in the center.

I added extra roasted apples- a good alteration, I thought.

Unusual ingredient in this recipe: Arrowroot. Like Xanthan Gum, arrowroot is a thickening agent and a pure starch; a carbohydrate with no protein value.

This recipe doubles well!

Thankfully, garbanzo-fava bean flour can be substituted for rice flour, which is what I'll try next time. :o) I don't like "beany" bread (glad I tried it once, though.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment